Rescue a Trafficked Woman
by Kimberly Rae

Human trafficking. These two words define the lives of hundreds and thousands and yes, even millions of young women and children, forced into lives of slavery and hopelessness. They are stolen from their homes, or sold by adults they once trusted, taken captive, sold like animals, some in cages. Many face futures chained to beds of sexual slavery, far from any hope of ever being freed.

The buying and selling of souls has been happening for millennia, but never before has the true extent of this evil been so seared upon the American consciousness.

Though slavery was outlawed and supposedly eradicated long ago, aware individuals know it has never left us, only changed its appearance to again slide far enough under the radar to avoid attention.

Only now the flashlight of the world is shining upon itthe evil of human trafficking that is happening not just in third world countries around the world, but here in America as well.

Becky McDonald decided to do something about it. Though she grew up in a traditional missionary setting in Bangladesh, the word traditional has never defined her outlook on ministry.

Ever since age fourteen, when a young girl was brought into her life, the girl's vocal chords permanently damaged from acid poured down her throat by the men who had tried to rape her, Becky has been a warrior on behalf of the helpless and oppressed.

Since starting Women At Risk International in 2006, Becky has fought tirelessly to free the enslaved, wrapping arms of love and protection around those most in need, rescuing them, and restoring their dignity and hope.

WAR International now has projects in 14 countriessafe houses in Thailand and India where rescued women create quality jewelry to sell. Cake decorating in Nepal, which provides income to continue the ministry of rescuing trafficked women. Bridal rental shops in Latin America, that not only provide funds for ministry, but a creative means of outreach as well.

And here in America, Becky works with homeland security to rescue our own.

Though the majority of Americans once turned a blind eye from those enslaved, Americans today care deeply about ending the atrocities of human bondage. They care and they want to help.

But how can one person make a difference when the need is so vast?

By shopping, of course! As odd as that may sound, WAR International continues and thrives because women all over America are buying the beautiful jewelry, purses, scarves and clothing created by rescued women all over the world. Many churches and individuals are hosting WAR parties, where groups can come and shop together for a great cause. By buying WAR's products, the rescued women are restored to lives of dignity as they see that their work is sustainable.

Money given to WAR might provide for a girl stolen from Nepal to escape the bonds of forced prostitution. It may provide for a former street worker, now dying of AIDS, to give the rest of her life to fulfilling ministry. It may help the emergency fund, which is specifically for those urgent, unexpected needs, like rescuing a baby going to be sold that very night.

Every once in awhile, the moment comes when we have the chance to change someone else's whole lifegiving them hope, and the Gospel of hopea change that will last for eternity.

That time is now.

What will you do? How will you change the world?



For more information on how you can get involved, see
www.warinternational.org.

Kimberly Rae lived in Bangladesh, Uganda, Kosovo and Indonesia before health problems brought her back to America, where she continues ministry through writing.  Kimberly has been published over 100 times.  Her first novel, STOLEN WOMAN, about human trafficking, is due for release Summer 2011.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print