A Life in the Day of a Fly
by annie keys

My cousin's niece made the observation that Mayflies only live for 24 hours. With all of the wisdom of a 9 year old, she went on to say, "That means if one of them has a bad day, it had a bad life".

We see our life in moments; what's happening 'right now'. God sees our life through the perspective of eternity. Patiently, He uses the circumstances of life to draw us toward a relationship with Him.

Life experience and Bible study have taught me that God has a plan that goes beyond what makes sense to 'me'. He even uses my moments of weakness to accomplish His plan! ALL things work to our good, not just the good things. (Romans 8:28)

God's plan encompasses the circumstances I create for my self as well as those troubles that others cause me to be a part of. (Genesis 50:20) Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery, but God's plan prevailed!

Nothing surprises God. Everything is done in accordance with His plan to have for Himself a people who choose to love Him and serve Him. Within our heart is a space that only a relationship with our Lord can fill.

God is faithful and patient. If we should ever think that God doesn't understand the significance of 'human pain and time', we would do well to remember that it was a very long day at Calvary.

II Peter 3:8-9 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

I'm a wife, mother, a grandmother and I love to write! I'm a retired Pastor's Secretary and a former Assistant Kid's church Pastor. 

I write Children's material and devotions. I love to use 'real life', especially the exploits of children, to illustrate scriptural truth.
www.rubberontheroad.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print