Polishing Our Fruit
by Bobbi Richardson

Galatians 5:22-23 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

These characteristics are the fruit (the result) of the Spirit living in us. They are the proof that a life with the Spirit is good.

The people we come in contact with each day need to see fruit in the lives of those of us who call ourselves Christians.

Jesus said, "This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." (John 15:8-NIV)

It is sometimes difficult to show patience, kindness, goodness and faithfulness to those around us.

It's hard to find joy and peace in our everyday lives.

But Jesus said "If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love (continually be comfortable and live in His presence), just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. (John 15:10-11-NIV)

Because He loves us and wants us to be the best we can be, our Father is always building our character. Character building is not easy and there are no shortcuts. We must practice every day. The circumstances He allows are chances to build character and demonstrate to everyone we encounter that life with Jesus is much better and happier than without Him.

Those around us will be surprised and maybe even shocked to experience patience, kindness and gentleness. They will be curious when they see our faithfulness and goodness in routine activities. Our peace and joy (contentment in knowing God is in control) will help to make trying or stressful situations easier.

If we want to glorify our Father and show ourselves as Jesus' diciples, each of us must practice daily and allow the fruit of the Spirit to shine through.

I write because I want to share what Father God has taught me and because I want others to experience His love more and more. My prayer is that my words will inspire someone to seek Him, to find Him, to know Him, to love Him.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print