At The Set Time
by Gary J. Borgstede

Scripture

Genesis 21:1-2 "And the Lord visited Sarah as He had said, and the Lord did for Sarah as He Had spoken. For Sarah conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him."

Observation

In these passages of Scripture, we see the Lord's faithfulness to the promise He made to Abraham many years earlier, but it wasn't until Abraham was 100 years old that the Lord's appointed time to fulfill the promise had arrived for Abraham and Sarah. To Abraham and Sarah, it seemed like an impossible situation; however, in God's timing, He was faithful to His promise regardless of the impossible nature of their circumstances. At a 100 years old, the set time of life appointed by God for Abraham, the promised seed of generations, Isaac, was born.

Application

The Lord knows every hair on my head and He has a good and perfect plan for my life. Regardless of how difficult, challenging, or impossible any situation in my life may appear to be, I know that God is faithful to do what He has promised to do in the set time of life that He has appointed for me. Because my God is a big God, there is no problem or difficult situation that is too big for Him when I place my trust and faith in Him. As the Author and Finisher of my faith, the Lord will be faithful to fulfill His promises to me as I trust in Him and His perfect timing.

Prayer

Lord, when life seems too hard, my circumstances seem too difficult, and Your timing too long, help me to place my trust completely in You to fulfill Your promises in my life. Even with faith as small as a mustard seed, I know that You promise to move mountains on my behalf when I stand in faith on Your promises. Thank you for being my strong Tower whom I can run to, place my trust, and be safe as I wait patiently for You to do the impossible in my life! I love you Jesus!

At The Set Time Copyright 2010, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the personal devotion, At The Set Time, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print