A Sprint Through Older Age
by Richard L. Provencher

A gray-haired gentleman hangs onto specs, lap cradling his morning paper, trailer canopy handy when 32 C visits your site. Flowerpots sprinkle the rental lot, Impatiens and Gladiolas managing his view, Muffins asleep at his feet, Ida on the sofa, Alzheimer's taking root. On the swings nearby children are singing Old MacDonald saw a moose, verses changed voices laughing and carrying on. A smile warms his lined face, remembers canoeing with friends, family holidays, long walks with his wife, kids now living in faraway spaces. His wooden sign sums it up, provides a finale for neighbours keeping an eye out---Ida, John and Muffins.

Copyright - Richard L. Provencher
Website - www.wsprog.com/rp/

Richard enjoys writing poems; many of which have been published in Print and Online. He and his wife, Esther are also co-authors of stories and a print novel. They are "born again" Christians and very busy in their church, Abundant Life Victory International, in Bible Hill, Nova Scotia.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print