Revealed
by Bobbi Richardson

John 1:31 (NIV) - I myself did not know Him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that He might be revealed to Israel."

John was going about his work. He may not have completely understood why or all of the implications of his actions, but he was doing the will of God faithfully. He had been sent by God to go out and baptize all who came to him.

When he baptized Jesus, God's Spirit revealed to John, and all those present, that Jesus was the Son of God, the Messiah, the one who would rescue the world from God's wrath.

Jesus existed from the beginning with God. He was present at the creation of the world. Now He was manifested, made visible, as the redeemer and savior of the world.

To the Jews He was revealed as the promised Messiah.

To us He is revealed as our Lord and Savior.

To all He is revealed as the One who takes away our sin and sets us free; the One who reconciles us to the Father.

He came and lived among us as a humble servant who died in our place so that we can live with Him forever.

Long ago Jesus became visible so that we could see Him, know Him, believe Him and be rescued by Him.

Some day He will be visible and live among us again, not as our humble servant, but as our reigning King!

I write because I want to share what Father God has taught me and because I want others to experience His love more and more. My prayer is that my words will inspire someone to seek Him, to find Him, to know Him, to love Him.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print