What We See is What We Get
by PamFord Davis

What we see is what we get.or is it? Dark foreboding clouds may bring hopes of needed rain or fear of impending danger, but on the other hand, they may vanish as suddenly as they appeared on the horizon. Guess most of us have ordered something from a mail order catalog or Internet site; we were sadly mistaken about quality or size upon arrival. A slick politician's campaign promises motivate us to pull the lever next to their name on Election Day. Shortly after we find pledges were only ploys to gain our confidence. A man of the cloth draws big crowds in meetings and hearty Amen's fill the air. Do we get what we see?

"These men are those who are hidden reefs in your love-feasts when they feast with you without fear, caring for themselves; clouds without water, carried along by winds; autumn trees without fruit, doubly dead, uprooted; wild waves of the sea, casting up their own shame like foam; wandering stars, for whom the black darkness has been reserved forever (Jude 12-13 NAS)." Jude, half-brother of Jesus, spoke plainly. These individuals were like clouds promising rain, winds carried them along and out of sight. I reckon they were just a lot of hot air!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print