His Servant
by Bobbi Richardson

John 12:26 (NIV) - Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

Servant is not what most of us aspire to be; but serving God is something most of us desire to do.

If we call ourselves Christians, we must follow Christ. We must do what He did.

Our Lord Jesus was a servant. In His own words, He came not to be served but to serve.

We serve Jesus by serving those we come in contact with every day; our families, our friends, our co-workers, everyone who crosses our path. Serving others means giving up our rights and comforts, looking out for those around us, interceding for them and keeping a positive attitude. These are not easy things to do, but if it they were impossible Jesus would not ask us to do them.

Jesus said whoever serves Him must follow Him. Like His closest disciples long ago, we live with Him, go where He goes, watch what He did and do what He says. His Spirit will be with us to help and guide us just as if He physically walked beside us.

It is our honor and privilege to serve. By serving others, we serve Jesus.

And He said if we serve Him we will be honored; honored by the Father.

What more can we hope for but to be honored by our Heavenly Father?

Whoever serves Jesus must humbly follow His example and serve others. He will be with us and our reward will be great.

I write because I want to share what Father God has taught me and because I want others to experience His love more and more. My prayer is that my words will inspire someone to seek Him, to find Him, to know Him, to love Him.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print