The Kingdom of Heaven
by kenneth hurst

The Kingdom of Heaven

The message is still the same. "Repent; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." John the Baptist, Jesus Christ, and the Apostles all preached this same message. Most of the churches that are mentioned in Revelation chapters 2 and 3 needed to repent of something, or suffer the consequences. To repent is to think differently, or to reconsider. God loves the world and wants all of us to repent. (John 3:16, II Peter 3:9)

The kingdom of heaven (Gk ouranos oo-ran-os') is the place of God's abode. In Matthew chapter 6 we read that our Father is in secret and that our prayers and fasting are done in secret but will be rewarded openly. "Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues." (Psalm 31:20)

We all need Jesus. The church needs Jesus, America needs Jesus, and the entire world needs Jesus. He is the door into God's kingdom. (John 10:9)

Yes, the message is still the same. "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face (in secret), and turn from their wicked ways (repent), then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land." (II Chronicles 7:14)

God has a kingdom and He wants to give you a grand tour. He wants us to see into that secret place where He abides. (Matthew 6:33)

Praise Jesus.  Just want to share the Joy!

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print