Rotten to the Core
by PamFord Davis

Regular readers of the morning newspaper are rarely uplifted and inspired by stories of heroic selfless acts. Instead, the reader passes the paper to another at the breakfast table, or tosses it in the trash. Burdened and discouraged they mull over reports of brutality to man and victimization. How did our generation become so heartless? Do perpetrators have no sense of decency, no remorse?

Our conversations not only revolve around current weather conditions, but also local, state, national and global political and moral climate. We ponder humanity's rapid decline and descent, sinking in the mire. Solid footing is difficult to secure; has man become rotten to the core?

"The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth (Genesis 6:11-12 NKJ)."

God Almighty spared righteous Noah and his family, (Genesis 7:1) setting them apart to become the first to witness God's rainbow of restoration and promise. "Father, hear our cry for mercy and grace. Break our hearts for our corrupt world in need of redemption and rescue.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print