Handy Reminders
by annie keys

The older I get, the more I think about the hereafter. Every time I walk into a room, I have to stop and think, "Now, what was I here after?"

One of my memory devices is to write on my hands. Of course, I don't use my"handy reminders"for random thoughts. I just write important stuff on my hands!

Jesus also has an important reminder on his hands; but not written in ink. He has a mark for me ENGRAVED on the palms of His hands! The marks are not to remind Him of 'me', but a reminder TO me of what was done at Calvary.

When I serve God with all my heart, many trials and temptations come my way. Satan tries to make me feel like I'm not important; a total failure! (John 10:10). One of satan's lies is that God doesn't REALLY care, if He did, why would I be going through "this"?

At those moments when satan says my God doesn't care, I remind myself that my God is the only god that wants a relationship with me. My God is the only one that paid the price for my sin so I could know Him personally (Romans 6:23).

The gods of men and the world demand that I live harshly and follow strict rules (Colossians 2:20-23). My God invites me into a relationship where my desires are changed by His presence in my life (II Corinthians 5:17-19).

My God sends His Holy Spirit so that my eyes are opened with new awareness to sin and then---shows me a way to step aside so that I don't fall into the trap set by satan (John 16:8-11, I Corinthians 10:13).

The Spirit gives me both awareness and boldness to confront the issues in my life that would harm me (II Timothy 1:7). When those moments of confusion come and I'm frightened and question my worth, Jesus shows me His hands.

Isaiah 49:16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.


I'm a wife, mother, a grandmother and I love to write! I'm a retired Pastor's Secretary and a former Assistant Kid's church Pastor. 

I write Children's material and devotions. I love to use 'real life', especially the exploits of children, to illustrate scriptural truth.
www.rubberontheroad.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print