The Flowers Fall
by PamFord Davis

Thunderstorms moved through our area earlier this week. The weather forecasters had prepared us in advance. We had no damage and only experienced temporary high winds, rain and attention getting thunder and lightning. We were fortunate; in other locations, people surveyed damage. In hard hit sites, survivors mourn the loss of life.

Our yard has shrubbery in bloom with colorful pink blossoms and the red roses are pretty as a picture. Before the storm arrived, I decided to pick some of each and bring them inside. I expected the rain and winds to destroy the delicate petals. I could not save them all, but at least we could enjoy a few. To my surprise, most remained intact. Yet, I know too well that even under the best of conditions they will not last long.

"For, "ALL FLESH IS LIKE GRASS, AND ALL ITS GLORY LIKE THE FLOWER OR GRASS, THE GRASS WITHERS, AND THE FLOWER FALLS OFF, BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ABIDES FOREVER.' And this is the word which was preached to you (1 Peter 1:24-25 NAS)." Flowers fall off; my flesh withers. God's word is eternal; life's storms cannot blow it away. I bring it inside my heart, not for its protection, but for my growth and guidance.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print