Can't Remember My Own Name
by PamFord Davis

I am lousy at remembering names. A Dale Carnegie course might help, but I would hate to foul up their reputation. I could blame it on my age, one of those senior moment lapses, but the truth is I have been in this condition far too long for that excuse to be plausible. There are so many names to choose from; my chances of pinning the right one on every face I meet are slim. Gracie Allen and I may be related; at times, it's difficult for me to remember my own name.

Amnesia is a sad state of mind. Those impaired are clueless to their identity and the past is a blank page. As a child of God, His Holy Spirit gives frequent reminders of the proud name I bear. "and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch (Acts 11:26b NAS)." Who is a Christian? Each individual, who by faith chooses to become a follower of Christ, wears the family name. Father, forgive me for the times I tarnish that name; I wish to bring honor to the name of your beloved Son.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print