Permission to Heal
by Bobbi Richardson

Matthew 10:1 (NIV) - He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.

The disciples watched as Jesus healed a Jewish leper and Peter's mother-in-law with His touch; and a Roman soldier's servant and a paralyzed man with His words. They witnessed Him drive evil spirits out of many demon-possessed people and bring a synagogue leader's daughter back from death. They saw Him give sight to blind men and speech to a mute man. They followed Him, they watched and they listened.

Then He sent them out to follow His example.

We too see the many lives our Lord touched. We see His compassion and watch Him heal.

As Christians, we desire to be like Him.

He gave His followers, then and now, instructions to go and permission to heal. Through His Spirit living in us we have the ability to heal in whatever way God determines is necessary in any circumstance.

We heal with words, by touch and sometimes just by our presence.

Our prayers for those in need are heard and answered. Words of peace, comfort, encouragement and kindness can heal broken spirits and mend hearts. An arm around someone or holding someone's hand brings healing for those we minister to. Sitting beside someone, providing needed comforts such as food and water heals body and soul. With our words, our touch and our presence we calm and assure those in turmoil or distress.

All of these are ways our Heavenly Father chooses to heal and we have His permission to use them as often as needed.

I write because I want to share what Father God has taught me and because I want others to experience His love more and more. My prayer is that my words will inspire someone to seek Him, to find Him, to know Him, to love Him.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print