Star differs from star in glory
by Michael Hume

We are not all the same as Christians on earth and we won't all be the same in heaven. "There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; indeed star differs from star in glory." 1 Corinthians 15.41.


If God is like the sun and all Christians like the stars, from earth you can get an idea of proportion and variety. God is much more glorious than everyone. Astronomers tell us that there are stars in space of many different sizes and brilliance, some much bigger than the sun. Simlarly each person in heaven will shine with a different brightness. Some will be much brighter than others. If we were all the same in heaven it would not be just. Paul the apostle endured shipwrecks, lashings, and plenty of other trials, as well as walking with God and having speaking and writing ministires. He won't be the same as someone who barely knows Jesus and does very little for him. Otherwise the concept of fairness goes.


On the one hand there is a parable about workers in a vineyard in Matthew 20:9-12. All agreed with the pay rates. However some were hired late and worked a lot less. Yet all were paid the same. The payment is heaven. All those working for God will get there. The first sense of payment.


On the other hand there is a second sense. In Luke 19:12-17 a nobleman gave his slaves a pound each, and went away. The first traded making ten pounds, the second made five pounds. The nobleman returned as king and rewarded the first with ten cities, and the second with five. Each received rewards in proportion to their actions. In heaven rewards will be in proportion to service on earth.


Even Jesus deemed it important to sanctify himself, suggesting strongly that there is a link between sanctification and quality of service, between effort and service, and then finally reward.


If we were all going to be the same in heaven once we accept Jesus as Saviour, and then go passive in faith doing little it does not tally with scripture and observation.


Only God is the true evaluator of each person's worth and life. May God bless and strengthen you.



Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print