Asking for Release
by Bobbi Richardson

John 12:27 (NIV) - "Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.

Jesus admitted He was afraid, but He refused to give in to fear and determined to finish the work His Father had given Him.

We too are often troubled when God asks us to go outside our comfort zone. We plead for release from a responsibility or to be able to accomplish the work in another way that seems easier.

But do we really want God to change His mind?

What kind of god would we have if every time we pleaded, he gave in?

Could we be secure with a god who changed with every request?

If our god could be persuaded to change with every whim, could we depend on him in times of trouble?

Our security comes from our Heavenly Father who knows all, sees all and fills the earth with His presence.

Our assurance comes from knowing He is in control and His decisions are final; unshakable and immovable.

Our safety, physical and spiritual, depends on His answer to our prayers; on His loving us enough to give us the best answer whether it is yes, no or wait.

Sometimes we are asked to do something that seems impossible to us.

Instead of asking for release we must ask for guidance, remembering that our loving Father is God Almighty, Creator of the universe who has promised to always be with us.

We must ask for freedom from fear and, like Jesus, determine to finish the work.

Our Lord and Savior knew what He had to do and He did it humbly and willingly.

As His followers we can only do the same.

I write because I want to share what Father God has taught me and because I want others to experience His love more and more. My prayer is that my words will inspire someone to seek Him, to find Him, to know Him, to love Him.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print