Fear and Failure
by PamFord Davis

"You can do it! Don't give up! Try, try, and try again! Never say never!"

"You'll make a fool of yourself! Forget it! Don't waste your time! You could never succeed at that!"

We have all heard these statements, maybe not from those around us, but from within. The firm expressions of encouragement and confidence lead us to go outside of our comfort zone, try new things, take on challenges we have never faced and expand our horizons. In contrast, the defeating accusations and verbal abuse stunts our growth and limits fulfillment and influence.

We fear failure. We desire success. We fear rejection. We long for acceptance.

Is failure an option? What is failure? We search for answers.

We are in the Lord's prayers. "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers (Luke 22:31 NIV)." I am listening. "Lord, you are interceding for me with the Father. You are concerned about my level of faith. It is true; at times, I fail. You draw me back with discipline and love and use my return to strengthen others. Remove my fears that I may soar in faith!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print