But God
by annie keys

My grandson is at that age where everything is a question. Every answer I give in response to his question he counters with, "But---". Our lives are full of 'buts'. Every thing we do has consequences, whether good or evil.

Thankfully, God also has "buts", because sometimes I can mess up pretty bad! About the time satan thinks he has taken me down, God interrupts with "but".

As benign as they seem, "But God" cold be two of the most important words in the scripture. The next time you think you can't make it, can't get over it, can't work with it, can't do without it, remember "but God".

"BUT GOD demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

"BUT GOD is rich in mercy" (Eph. 2:4)

"You meant evil against me BUT GOD meant it for good." (Genesis 50:20)

"--The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, BUT GOD looks at the heart." (I Samuel 16:7b)

God created us for relationship, sin entered the picture BUT GOD sent His only son to die for our sins (John 3:16) so we can once again, have relationship.

The next time you find yourself in an impossible situation, pause for a moment; God has a "but" to change things around in your favor. It sometimes takes awhile for us to realize it, BUT GOD has made a way.

I'm a wife, mother, a grandmother and I love to write! I'm a retired Pastor's Secretary and a former Assistant Kid's church Pastor. 

I write Children's material and devotions. I love to use 'real life', especially the exploits of children, to illustrate scriptural truth.
www.rubberontheroad.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print