Let's Get Hitched!
by PamFord Davis

We wait so long for spring; it finally arrives and before we can embrace it, summer is testing its wings. Children will be tossing aside books and spending carefree hours at the closest pool, lake or beach. June will once again prove to be a favorite month for brides. Committed couples will be exchanging vows with looks of love. Rice is sure to fall into bridesmaids' coiffures, as tears fill mother's eyes.

Did it begin on a cold winter night with an awkward proposal? Let's get hitched! The words may not be queens English, but the thought is accurate. God, in His sovereignty yokes, joins them together as husband and wife. They officially tie the knot! Will it hold?


"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness (2 Corinthians 6:14 KJV)?" Stars get in our eyes and not only cloud our vision, but also judgment. Paul by inspiration of the Holy Spirit urged Christians to have our strongest bonds within the body of Christ. The hitching post is the cross of Calvary.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print