The Riddler
by PamFord Davis

Batman producers, directors, writers and cast entertained a large television viewing audience. Color, still new in the media, accented costumes and sets. Each segment concluded with a cliffhanger scene of the dynamic duo facing death! The familiar voice of the announcer would invite us to join them next time.... on the same "Bat channel".

Villains were no match for Batman, Robin and Batgirl. The list of foes grew as more and more of Hollywood's top stars wanted to appear on the popular show. Who was your favorite? Was it Penguin, Cat Woman, Joker, or the Riddler? It is hard for me to decide; each actor portrayed them as archenemies; yet we believed time in prison would result in changed lives. After their release, they would become productive citizens.

You may be surprised to learn that scriptures point to Riddler characters. Samson challenged men with riddles and God instructed one of His prophets to share a riddle involving an eagle and a vine. (Ezekiel 17:1-10) The Lord's instructions likely caught Ezekiel by surprise. "The Lord spoke his word to me. He said: 'Human being, give a riddle. Tell a story to the people of Israel (Ezekiel 17:1-2 NCV)."

Good teachers use many methods in efforts to put a point across. Riddles puzzle us; wheels of thought begin turning. We have inquisitive minds and like to come up with answers. Jesus often answered questions with questions, stumping his critics and enemies. "Lord, you know all. My life is often an unsolved riddle; I lack the insight and discernment to unravel the answers. I trust you. Reveal Jesus as the way, truth and life."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print