As You Will
by Bobbi Richardson

Matthew 26:39 (NIV) - Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

"Yet not as I will, but as You will."

What powerful words; so full of meaning.

For Jesus they meant giving Himself to die to pay for all the sinful acts of everyone ever born or to be born.

For us they meant freedom from the bondage of sin and death.

If we sincerely speak those words, they mean we will wait patiently for our Father's direction and then immediately obey whatever He asks us to do.

God's will was that His Son; His one and only, precious, beloved Son would die in our place.

And Jesus willing, humbly and lovingly obeyed the will of His Father. He gave His life for us.

No one took His life. He could have saved Himself.

But that would have been disobedience; that would have been giving in to temptation.

That would have left us without hope.

Instead Jesus loved us enough to obey in order to triumph, finally and completely, over death for us.

In that one act of obedience He brought us hope, reconciliation, healing, life and victory.

God's will was accomplished!

I write because I want to share what Father God has taught me and because I want others to experience His love more and more. My prayer is that my words will inspire someone to seek Him, to find Him, to know Him, to love Him.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print