Mycenae Mornings
by PamFord Davis

My mind wanders back to mornings in Mycenae, NY. Our mother had a three steps routine that was as consistent as the sun that rose long before the Ford family. Mom plugged in the coffee pot she prepared the night before, turned the pink Motorola radio on 1260 WNDR and opened her caf curtains to let in the morning light. A new day officially began.

We may not realize how deep habits become. We hear stories of the stalking of celebrities and chill bumps begin to surface as detailed descriptions of twisted minds unfold. Fans follow in the steps of another, anticipating their every move. They learn the places they frequent, those they associate with and their regular schedule. It is eerie.

Enemies of Daniel knew him and his daily devotion to God. "Daniel heard about the law, but when he returned home, he went upstairs and prayed in front of the window that faced Jerusalem. In the same way that he had always done, he knelt down in prayer three times a day, giving thanks to God. The men who had spoken to the king watched Daniel and saw him praying to his God for help (Daniel 6:10-11 CEV)."

Background to our scripture passages reveal that jealous men laid a trap for Daniel. They coaxed the king into making a law, forbidding people of the land from praying to any person or god. Leaders commanded people of the nation to worship the king alone. The threats of punishment were severe, to be tossed into a pit of ferocious lions! Daniel took a firm stand, down on his knees. He prayed to the one true God. In humility, I pray. "Father, forgive me for being intimidated or cowardly. Give me faith as Daniel and devotion recognized by those who oppose you."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print