Grief for a Time
by Bobbi Richardson

Matthew 17:22-23 (NIV) - When they came together in Galilee, he said to them, "The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men. They will kill him, and on the third day he will be raised to life." And the disciples were filled with grief.

Those of us who have experienced the death of someone close know the grief the disciples would know.

We miss the presence of our loved one, we are haunted by memories of our lives with them, there is an empty place where that person used to be.

His followers could only focus on the fact that He said He would die. They grieved, imagining He would no longer be with them to love them, to teach them and to be their example.

But our wonderful, amazing, awesome Lord gave His followers something to hold on to in those coming hours of despair. He promised a miracle they did not comprehend.

As the time for His death grew near, He comforted them by revealing that He would be gone for a while, but they would see Him again; alive and still loving them as He always had!

Matthew, one of those grieving disciples, records three times Jesus spoke of His death, and resurrection, and three times the disciples missed the most wonderful part because they did not understand what He was telling them.

We know what happened on that wonderful morning when they found an empty tomb.

Their grief was turned to joy; their sorrow was turned to amazement when they saw Him, touched Him and walked with Him again.

The disciples experienced grief for a little while in order to experience life forever.

We who know Him grieve too at the necessity of His death and celebrate His victory.

All praise and honor to Him who lives and has given us eternal life with Him...Jesus Christ, our Risen Lord!

I write because I want to share what Father God has taught me and because I want others to experience His love more and more. My prayer is that my words will inspire someone to seek Him, to find Him, to know Him, to love Him.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print