The One Who Serves
by Gary J. Borgstede

Scripture

Luke 22:27 "For who is greater, he who sits at the table, or he who serves? Is it not he who sits at the table? Yet I [Jesus] am among you as the One who serves." NKJV

Observation

In these passages of Scripture, the Lord is responding to a dispute among the disciples regarding who should be considered the greatest. Jesus, the King of kings and Lord of lords, does not rebuke them for thinking that they could be great in the kingdom, but rather, as the One who serves, the Lord teaches them by the model of His own life how to be great in His kingdom through serving.

Application

Asking God if we can be great in the kingdom of God is not the greatest question to ask the Lord because it really isn't a matter of whether or not we can be great in His kingdom. Being created in His image, God created us with greatness in mind; however, as children of God and disciples of the Lord, we must walk the same pathway to greatness in the kingdom that Jesus walked which is the pathway of humbly serving others like Jesus, our King of kings and Lord of lords.

Prayer

Thank You Lord for the good plan that You have for me in Your kingdom - plans for good and not harm, a future and a hope. Help me Lord, by the power of your Holy Spirit, to humbly walk the pathway to greatness in Your kingdom by walking the pathway of service to others as one who serves just like You. I love you Jesus! Amen!

The One Who Serves Copyright 2010, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the personal devotion, The One Who Serves, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print