Is it I?
by PamFord Davis

The knowledge that we fail in relationships is difficult to deal with. We prefer to think of ourselves as faithful, trustworthy, committed and loyal. You can count on me! The truth is we are weak, selfish and often turn our backs on people when they need us most. Seeing faults in others is easy. Why are we surprised when the finger points to us?

We are all in the same boat as we sail the turbulent sea of life. If we fail to row ashore together and ignore seeping water from cracks in the boats foundation we are sure to sink. The Lord opens my eyes, pricks my conscience and forces me to do serious soul searching. Do I fail Him? "Is it I?"

"When evening had come, He sat down with the twelve. Now as they were eating, He said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, one of you will betray Me.' And they were exceedingly sorrowful, and each of them began to say to Him, 'Lord, is it I (Matthew 26:20-22 NKJ)?"

The twelve disciples, together for the Passover meal, were brokenhearted. They loved the Master and the thought of betraying Him brought shame. "Lord, is it I" was not only directed to Him in response to His question, but also echoed within their searching hearts. The question resounds across eternity. "Lord, is it I? If I am not making You Lord in my life, I betray You and recklessly take control of the rudders of my ship, ignoring Your warnings of danger ahead. You knew my plight and bore my shame on the cross."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print