Trust in Me
by Bobbi Richardson

John 14:1 (NIV) - "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.


Jesus and His closest friends gathered in a room for the celebration of a feast. They did this every year, but this year would be different.

These men had faithfully followed Him; He knew they would soon witness His arrest and follow Him on that terrible journey to a hillside where He would die.

As they celebrated their final meal together, Jesus spoke words of comfort, hope and strength that they did not understand.

Believe. Trust. This is the way it must be. This is God's plan.

Jesus knew they would mourn Him. He knew they would be afraid.

Afterwards they huddled again in a room, fearfully awaiting arrest too.

Their belief was shaken. Their dreams were dashed. They were devastated.

Then they witnessed another of His miracles. A miracle of reconciliation and redemption that only Jesus could perform. When they saw Him again, they understood and their hope was reborn.

As His followers we trust in Him. We celebrate His triumph over death. We rejoice in our freedom. We are not troubled, because we find hope and comfort in knowing He is coming back to take us to be with Him forever.

I write because I want to share what Father God has taught me and because I want others to experience His love more and more. My prayer is that my words will inspire someone to seek Him, to find Him, to know Him, to love Him.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print