Mocking Mainstay
by PamFord Davis

Many people would love to turn back the hands of time. It is true; the past does hold happy memories, but it also stores up hurt for many. My teen years were a potpourri of both laughter and tears. Conversations with family and old girlfriends warm me as we rehash experiences, yet reminders of heartbreak trigger a chill.

My father struggled to provide for his large family, but we were not poor, middle class is the label that fits. We lived out in the country and enjoyed the advantages of rural life, grass to tumble in, hills to climb and a crick to cool us during sweltering summers. Our school days in nearby Fayetteville were not as carefree.

The majority of schoolmates were from the upper crust, children of more affluent families, residing in the village's modern ranch style houses. They had a tendency to look down on us and used their tongues as weapons of destruction. Mocking became a mainstay to their egos. "In the same way the chief priests also, along with the scribes and elders, were mocking him, saying,' He saved others; he cannot save himself. He is the King of Israel; let him come down from the cross now, and we will believe him (Matthew 27:41-42 NRS)."

The religious leaders arrogantly believed they knew it all. They were ignorant. Jesus could save himself. He willingly remained on the cross to save us. Mockingly they said they would believe in him if he would free himself from the cross. He arose from the grave and they still rejected him! They mocked; Jesus forgave to save the perishing.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print