How to Start a Jesus Prayer Support Group
by BILL HUNT

"For where two or three come together
in my name, there am I with them"
(Matt 18:20 NIV).

Join a prayer group to meet Jesus as the Way, the Truth, and the Life, to enter salvation, to grow as a Christian, to find support for your Life in the Body of Christ. As well, to turn from sin to God, to seek healing from the pains you have suffered, to grow in deeper love with God and man, to enter the fruits, gifts, and ministries of the Holy Spirit.

Join with two or three others.

Don't worry about numbers. Let God take care of the numbers. Meet weekly at the agreed time and in the same place. Never cancel a meeting unless absolutely necessary. One or two persons, depending on the makeup of the group, can be recognized as servant-leaders indicated by God.

In the normal meeting, first turn your attention to worship God exclusively, then share your personal concerns in prayer. Minister healing in small groups when necessary. A leader can briefly teach a lesson on a chapter in scripture, and the group can then discuss it. In all things, love each other with the Love of Christ.

Imagine what it is like to sit and talk with Jesus.

Share your concerns with the God of the Universe. He will cover you with his tremendous blessings of grace and with his healing love. Always seek to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.

"I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe" (Eph 1:18-19 NIV).

Actively reach out in witness to others, as well. Bring them into your group. When your group grows to twelve persons, determine a leader and divide the group.

Follow Biblical teachings in all things.

Each person can have one vote. Seek the mind of God in all matters. To do so, many groups find it valuable to wait for a consensus agreement rather than a majority vote.

Members of the prayer group can commit themselves to ardently walking in the Love of Jesus and to daily personal prayer and scripture reading. Allow for mistakes and failures. When failures come, exercise repentance and forgiveness as keys to relationship in both private or community life. This is most important.

Members of the group can encourage attendance with a Bible believing church, if available, one that expresses the manifestations of the Holy Spirit as in the New Testament. Members will likely adhere to different churches and serve as salt, light, and yeast in the world.

Bill Hunt dedicated his marriage to discovering God's 100 million miracles in life. As a Christian Writer, administrator, and career educator, he writes true miracle stories and Christian teachings on FaithWriters and CornerRetreat.blogspot.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print