You Can't Afford To Miss Easter
by Robert Driskell

This Sunday many people will celebrate Easter. For many, it will be one of the few times they enter a church building or think much about spiritual things at all. For others, it will be a time to celebrate what they say they believe.

Easter serves to remind us of the life, death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, which is the event that makes Christianity possible (John 3:16). It is Jesus' sacrifice that makes forgiveness of our sins possible:
Christ died for our sins according to the ScripturesHe was buried, andHe was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:3-4 NASB)

The necessity of the resurrection is forcefully stated by the apostle Paul in his letter to the Corinthian church when he writes:
if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vainFor if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. 1 (Corinthians 15:14, 16, 17 NASB)
The resurrection is integral to the Gospel. Without it, there is no salvation, we are still under the judgment of God, and we have no hope of forgiveness.

No one can really believe the truth of Jesus' resurrection and not be changed. To seriously consider that God sent His only Son to die on a cross, to pay the debt that each of us owes, must affect us in some way. Such a truth should fill us with love and gratitude for Him.

Peter expresses the sentiment which all Christians should have concerning God's provision of salvation when he penned:
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead (1 Peter 1:3 NASB)

If you believe that God exists and He sent His Son to die for your sins, your natural response is thanksgiving, gratitude, and obedience. Your greatest desire is to know and serve Him because you realize just how much He loves you.

The other response to biblical truth is to reject it and refuse to believe and act on that truth. In that case you cannot claim to be His children, you are still lost in your sins, and your eternal destination will be in a place separated from His love forever.

How many people will sit in church pews this Sunday in honor of something they say they believe, but which has no practical effect on their lives at all?

If this is the condition of your heart, why do you attend Easter Sunday service? Are you merely play acting by coming to church once in a while hoping it is enough to keep God from being mad at you? Are you there simply to please friends or relatives?

Your eternal destiny is much too important to treat as if it were a game.

Hopefully, God is speaking the truth to your heart and you are honestly seeking to know more about Him and His ways. Ask Him to speak to your heart. He does not play hide and seek. He wants us to know and love Him.

I pray that this is the desire of your heart and that you will truly believe Him, trust Him, and begin to live for Him.




Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print