The Love Of Faithful Friends
by

Jan nestled comfortably on her couch thumbing through the bible, looking for relative scriptures to share with her friends, Pat and George, who were on the verge of separation. Jan and Pat were best friends since they were kids and they were married to two other childhood best friends.

While laying there absorbed in her thoughts, her husband Tim yelled from the kitchen "Darling, what time are we going over to George's house"? Quietly Jan responded, "In a moment honey, right now I am really worried about those two. George is almost fifty and still wouldn't change; now Pat is threatening to leave".

Tim sauntered back from the kitchen, hovered over his wife, and gave her a peck on the cheek, complimenting her effort to restore their friends' marriage. He gently scooped her out of the couch, swirled her around and thanked God for their love and commitment towards each other.

A few minutes later they left their home on their way to their friend's.

On arrival, Pat was fussing with George about his disloyalty towards their marriage. However, Jan tried to change the atmosphere, as she embraced her friend and promised everything would be ok. Tim hollered out to George, "Hi buddy what's up, nice day for a barbecue, let's fire up the pit and have some fun". George who was slouched across the couch, casually said, "That sounds good bro, only if we can have some peace in this place".

Jan, who was on a mission to help her friends said, "Hey guys, we need to have a discussion about your domestic issue and call a truce, or there would be no fun here today. First thing on the agenda is prayer; we need God's divine intervention, so your marriage could be healed".

After praying, Jan found Proverbs 14:34, which indicated that righteousness exalts a nation, while sin is a reproach to the people. She pointed out, the world has become a place of riotous living, where unrighteousness is a common and accepted practice in society and, fleshly desires are now the top priority on its agenda, while love is smitten down and smothered by hatred.

George who was listening quite attentively interjected, "That's why we have the churches; there is always help and handouts from them in times of need."

Tim lashed out, "The churches! Umm! They are becoming more powerless daily". "Among the flock of God there sit ravenous wolves disguised as sheep. There is a continual degeneration of the church. Values of Christian living are deteriorating and the church has lesser impact on the world. Many pastors portray behaviors that are questionable in reference to what the word of God says. Some leaders have become proud and boastful, seeking their own glory rather than God's".

Agreeing with Tim, Jan added, "It is so pathetic when these people continue in their sinful ways, while justifying their actions as common human weaknesses, as they persuade themselves that they are still in fellowship with Christ".
Jan continued to explain that because of self-centeredness, they stop believing the words of the Holy Scripture. Then as their blinded minds become impenetrable to the light of Christ, they become more deeply obsessed with various immoral conducts. Finally, God has no other choice but to abandon them to intensified moral decadence.

Pat had a look of disillusion on her face and, tears were welling up in her eyes. She hopelessly said, "That is why I stopped going to church. Like myself, there were many disappointed followers in the body of Christ who needed to be rescued. We have had our shares of troubles and heartaches, quotas of dark and dismal days, yet there were no one to help.
Then with a quizzical look on her face, she questioned, "Why God allows these false prophets and deceitful workers to constantly worm their way into the body of Christ, where they dwell comfortably unnoticed, as they transform themselves as angels of light, boldly compromising the infallible word of God"?

Jan hugged her friend and encouraged her saying "Honey, there are still believers who are designated beacons to channel the lost and struggling souls ashore".

George agreed, then pinpointed that Jan was one of those beacons whom the Lord had appointed to lead his family to a better life. He boyishly shifted across to his wife's side, hugged her, asked her forgiveness and promised from then on, he would seek God's help to change his lustful ways and improve their marriage.

June Morton, a retired Bookkeeper, who enjoy sharing inspirational thoughts with others

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print