Calvary, The End of the Beginning
by annie keys

My friend, Charlene,was thinking of past Easter holidays when her daughters were small. She said that she missed all the preparations; Easter dresses, hats, getting special candy stuff for the Easter bunny to bring and egg hunting.In the midst of the nostalgia, she remembered the real reason for Easter and rejoiced.

Easter is a special family time; going to church together and having everyone over for dinner. It's a time for photo taking and memories. Who doesn't have a photo of 'me' with 'my' Easter basket? And everybody knows you eat a chocolate bunny-- ears first!

Easter is an important family time for God too! It was the day that His plan for restoring relationship with His children would be completed. (Galatians 4:3-6) It was the culmination of a plan that had been made since the beginning of time. (II Timothy 1:8-10)

Every action of the crucifixion had specific reference and meaning for the complete eternal atonement of sin. The death and resurrection of our Savior was not forced on Him. As Jesus willingly hung dying on the cross, His last words were, "It is finished!"

Paying the blood price for our sins was the payment that had to be made for our restoration as the children of God. (Galatians 4:4-7) This is how great God's love for "me" is, that He willingly gave His only son so that "I" could have intimacy with Him. (John 3:16)

Easter isn't about an event, it isn't only about forgiveness of sin. It's about a plan that spans eternity to restore a relationship that had been lost.

Jesus gave His life, the perfect sacrifice, so that we could know God personally. Our sins forgiven, we can once more have fellowship with Him.(Romans 5:8) Christianity isn't a religion, it's a relationship.

I Peter 3:18 (a) For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.

I'm a wife, mother, a grandmother and I love to write! I'm a retired Pastor's Secretary and a former Assistant Kid's church Pastor. 

I write Children's material and devotions. I love to use 'real life', especially the exploits of children, to illustrate scriptural truth.
www.rubberontheroad.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print