Trouble Makes Us Beautiful
by Bobbi Richardson

Job 23:10 (NIV) - But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.

When Jesus prayed for His disciples before His death, He asked for their protection; He did not ask that they be removed from the trouble to come. He told them to hold fast and trust in Him through trouble.

Why did He ask this? Because they had work to accomplish before they could rest in safety. Work that only they could do; work that was an essential part of God's plan. It was necessary that they be strong, determined and never give up trusting in God's promises.

In the days to come they would be tested. The continuation of the work Jesus began depended on their faith, their response to adversity, their trust in His words.

They, like Job, came forth as gold. For the rest of their lives they had trouble but because they persevered many thousands believe and know Jesus.

We too are tested by trouble.

Do we give in and give up or do we stand strong in His promises?

If we run into God's open arms for comfort and depend on His protection, we too will come forth as gold; strong, beautiful and indestructible.

I write because I want to share what Father God has taught me and because I want others to experience His love more and more. My prayer is that my words will inspire someone to seek Him, to find Him, to know Him, to love Him.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print