The Lord's Release
by Gary J. Borgstede

Scripture

Deuteronomy 15:1-5 "At the end of every seven years you shall grant a release of debts. And this is the form of the release: Every creditor who has lent anything to his neighbor shall release it; he shall not require it of his neighbor or his brother, because it is called the Lord's release. Of a foreigner, you may require it, but you shall give up your claim to what is owed by your brother, except where they may be no poor among you; for the Lord will greatly bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you to possess as an inheritance only if you carefully obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe with care all these commandments which I command you today."

Observation

In these passages of Scripture, God establishes a financial plan among His people that calls for creditors to release anything that is owed to them by their neighbor or their brother at the end of every seven years. Remaining true to His nature, God takes full ownership and responsibility for such a plan by calling it "the Lord's release" and He promises to greatly bless His people in their land if they carefully obey His voice and observe His commandments.

Application

In the natural, it may not seem like a wise plan to release a neighbor or a brother from the debts he may owe us as his or her creditor; however, in this situation, the Lord promises to provide His guarantee for the debt by greatly blessing us in the land He has promised to give us as an inheritance. In this plan, God is modeling in the natural what happens in the supernatural when we forgive our neighbors and our brothers for their trespasses against us and release them from anything they may have done against us. When we obey the voice of the Lord and release others of their debts and trespasses against us, the Lord in turns releases us from the debts and trespasses that we owe Him. Therefore, by releasing others of their debts, we are actually released by God of our debts and can walk freely into the fullness of His promises for us.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your mercy that endures forever and Your faithfulness to forgive my trespasses against You as I forgive those who trespass against me. Help me Lord to always be mindful of the great price that You paid for my debts at the cross so that I can walk in freedom, grace, and mercy with You and others all of the days of my life. I love you Jesus! Amen!

The Lord's Release Copyright 2010, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the personal devotion, The Lord's Release, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print