What is your true desire?
by Marie Grossett

A wonderful woman of God spoke a message entitled 'What is your wants?' She asked us to think about what we wanted in life? After five minutes of thinking time she then turned the message around to what God wants from us she read the scripture John 4:23-24 'Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

Often times we are so concerned about what we want that we forget what's really important in our Christian life. When we get so caught up in our wants it can cause us to deteriorate spiritually and cause backsliding.

That's what happened to the character in my book 'Don't Look Back- The Harmful Consequences of backsliding' the character Esther Jacobs was more interested in what she desired than seeking the face of God, and when she didn't get her request immediately she became resentful and started to handle situations her way. That was one of the reasons why she backslidden which had disastrous consequences.

There is nothing wrong in desiring things, I believe that as children of God we should have what we want, if it's wealth then we should have it, if it's a new career then we should strive towards that career and have it. But in doing so let's remember what is important in our Christian walk and that is God.

Let's remember what God wants from us he wants worshippers who will worship him in Spirit and in truth. God wants people to love him because of who he is and not what we can get out of him.

Think about it, would you honestly feel happy if someone came to you just because they wanted something from you not because they desire to want to know you. If were honest then we wouldn't be happy with that person, but that is how we're like with God. I'm not saying that we do it intentionally but we must be aware and stay alert not to get caught up in our wants.

When was the last time you went down on your knees and just worshipped God thanking him for who he is and what he has done for you rather than just going down on your knees and asking him to give you your desires? If you haven't done so in a long time start doing it now.

Start returning back to your first love, remember the time when you first got saved and all you desired was God and to do his work. Once you start seeking him first you'll be amazed how life will get much easier for you and all your wants will surely be added onto you.


Thank you for reading this article may God bless you.


Marie Grossett aka Vanessa Grossett is a published Author, and has interviewed best selling and award winning Christian Authors.

She is a Literary Agent at The Authors Care Services ltd. www.theauthorscare.co.uk [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print