God's Word on Pollution
by annie keys

Everybody today is concerned about the environment. You may be surprised to learn that God, Himself, is VERY concerned about pollution!

However, God's view on pollution is entirely different than the world's view of pollution. God is concerned about the world polluting us, not us polluting the world.

2 Peter warns that it is easy to turn back to the things of the world that polluted our lives before we were saved. (2 Peter 2:20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning." KJV)

Isaiah says that we are to keep from polluting the Sabbath day. Wow, I've never thought of not keeping the Sabbath as a day to honor God as 'pollution'. But, that's what God's Word says. (Isaiah 56:2 "Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.")

James says that our religion is pure when we help widows and orphans and keep ourselves from being polluted by the world. Once again, God's concern is for our heart's being polluted by the things around us.

Of course, common sense recognizes that God did tell us to live responsibly and look after the good things He has given us. (Genesis 1:27-30) However, His greatest concern is the pollution of my life by the world's attitudes, schemes and ways.

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I'm a wife, mother, a grandmother and I love to write! I'm a retired Pastor's Secretary and a former Assistant Kid's church Pastor. 

I write Children's material and devotions. I love to use 'real life', especially the exploits of children, to illustrate scriptural truth.
www.rubberontheroad.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print