Mythical Locale
by PamFord Davis

I'm not embarrassed to reveal one of my regular indulgences; I watch the Lawrence Welk Show. My Mom instilled the love of music within my soul. After cleaning the kitchen of supper dishes, I sink into a favorite chair and turn my attention to reruns spanning across decades. If I miss the introduction, the hair and clothing styles often make it easy to guess when the producers recorded the shows.

One of the major drawing points of these memorable programs are themes, such as Broadway tunes, Academy Award winners, Holidays or salutes to composers. Last week they focused on Grammy award selections. They really deserve raves; it was no last minute production; the musicians, singers, dancers, and orchestra leader must have spent many hours in practice to present such a professional job.

The finale nearly lifted me up from my seat to give a standing ovation. They wrapped up the show with music I dearly love, a medley from Meredith Wilson's "Music Man." My favorite was a stage like production of "Trouble right here in River City." Honestly, I'd say Robert Preston himself could not have pleased me more! The male vocalist did a suburb rendition and Welk regulars backed him up in a portrayal of realistic crowd attention.

We do not have to live in a mythical locale of River City to encounter trouble with a capital T! Jesus prepared us well. "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world (John 16:33 NIV)." Strike up the band; Jesus brings songs of praise to lips and plants peace deeply in our hearts!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print