How honest are you?
by Marie Grossett

As Christians it's important for us to be honest with each and especially God. I believe the most honest person to God in the Bible was David. If you read through the Psalms he relieved his doubts, fears, and sins. That's why I believe he was a man after God's own heart.

Ask yourself how honest are you to God and to your fellow brethren? Do you truthfully relieve your doubts, fears, or sins?

At times we tend to dislike confessing things that we've done wrong or our fears. We tend to 'brush it under the carpet,' pretend it doesn't exist as we believe it's easier that way. It's easier to act holier than thou. But we must remember we cannot fool God we're only fooling ourselves. The less honest we are to God about situations the more the devil can use whatever it is against us.

There were times when I had to be honest with God and tell him situations that I didn't even want to come out of my mouth. I was ashamed of them. I couldn't believe a 'strong' Christian like me could still give into my human flesh.

After being honest with God concerning these situations I felt so much better it wasn't nice at the time but the rewards are great. I felt a weight was being lifted from my shoulder, and from now on I'm going to be honest with God about everything even if I don't like to admit it.

I believe that is what God wants from us not to hide just be truthful with him. If you're having a bad day at work tell him, don't pretend that everything is rosy. If you lust after someone and you know you shouldn't tell him don't pretend that you don't have feelings for the person or the feelings would just go away. He can help you through situations.

It is important to be honest with your fellow brethren, I was reading an interview with Gospel Singer Fred Hammond and he said, 'if you keep a secret you can't help anyone get through it.' How are you going to get through your hurts and your pains if you keep it a secret? How are your fellow brethren suppose to pray for you if you keep secrets? If the truth is not relieved how is anyone suppose to help you? Colossians 3:9-11 states 'Do not lie to each other.'

Yet we still do, that is one of the reasons why Keeping It Real Magazine was created. So the church can 'be real' with each other without being judge by writing their most secretive experiences, letting go of their past and moving on. While encouraging others who may have experienced something similar to them. It is well needed, time we stop pretending and start living truthfully.

To conclude let's be real with one another, ourselves and most importantly God as it will only benefit you in the end.

Thank you for reading this article may God bless you.


Marie Grossett aka Vanessa Grossett is a published Author, and has interviewed best selling and award winning Christian Authors.

She is a Literary Agent at The Authors Care Services ltd. www.theauthorscare.co.uk [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print