tracker number357 Happiness Comes as a Result of Discovering God's Purposes
by Dudley Anderson

trACker number357
The e-Devotional helping to keep you on-track
GodTracker is online at www.godtracker.co.uk

06 May 2011

Dear God Tracker

Happiness Comes as a Result of Discovering God's Purposes

An Englishman, a Frenchman and a Soviet were discussing happiness one day as the sip coffee together in a side-walk caf. "Happiness," said the Englishman, "is when you return home after a hard day's work and find your slippers warming by the fire."
"You English have no romance," said the Frenchman. "True happiness is having dinner with your beautiful wife at a fine restaurant."
The Soviet ponders both men's take on happiness. "You are both wrong," He says. "Real happiness is found when you are at home asleep in bed and at 4 a.m. you hear a hammering at the door. You open to find the secret police, who say to you, 'Ivan Ivanovitch, you are under arrest,' and you say, 'Sorry, Ivan Ivanovitch lives next door.'"

So often I find myself looking around me at the things I own in life and I wonder if I will ever be happy. I have a fantastic family and fabulous friends but somehow I'm not always content to just love and be loved. My human nature is constantly on the lookout for something new or something better. For instance, I buy a new car (as God enables me). I love me new car. It's the nicest car in its class. I love the colour and I enjoy driving it. But then I notice that there are other cars on the road that I like. Slowly my contentment wanes and the happiness I experienced when I drove my new car, begins to fade. After all, there are so many other better cars out there and they all they have better colours, too.

So what is true happiness then? Is happiness found in possessions? Can happiness be found in circumstances or conditions? Can it be found in recreation, occupation or riches? Or is true happiness discovered in family, friends or fellowship? I put it to you that true happiness is found only in contentment and true contentment is found only in God-tracking; that is, walking according to God's plans and purposes for our lives. Paul the apostle puts it this way, "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

Dear God Tracker, you will never find true happiness if, like me, you go out and look for happiness. Happiness can never be found in itself. God-tracking implies walking in God's will. God's will reveals God's purposes. Therefore, happiness comes as a result of discovering God's purposes for your life.

God-tracking is happily being content in all circumstances, through Christ.

Don't worry, be happy.

Dudley


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is trACker?
GodTracker and trACker owe their origins to an international Christian radio programme produced by Dudley Anderson called, OnTrack. Although OnTrack went off-air in 2005, trACker has continued to help people to track God's plans and purposes for their lives since July 2003.

You can now hear Dudley Anderson on UCB UK
Saturdays from 00:00 to 05:00 GMT and Sundays from 06:00 to 12:00 GMT
Listen to UCB UK on DAB, Sky channel 0125 or online at http://ucbmedia.co.uk

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


VoW
Verse of the Week

1 Timothy 6:6
But godliness with contentment is great gain.


Quote of the Week
A Sample of Dudley's Fave Quotes.

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour." --- Annon


Don't Give-up, Look-up!
Look-up and Fix Your Eyes On Jesus!

Thank You For Making Me Happy Today

Proverbs 3:6
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight

Pray
"Father God, I have prayed the following prayer so many times but I pray it again today, because I so easily take my eyes off of your purposes for my life. Lord, the prayer is: I acknowledge you in every aspect of my life. I recognise and confess that you are Lord of my career and my leisure. You are Lord of my family and all my relationships. Jesus I confess and acknowledge your guidance in my plans, my purposes, my ambitions and my future. I recognise that you have foreknowledge of my life and I acknowledge that knowledge. Today I repent of looking for happiness instead of looking for you. It is only you and your will for my life that will bring me complete happiness. Lord, I'm content to just trust you to direct every part of my life and my future according to your purposes. Thank you for making me happy, today. Amen."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Why not recommend trACker to someone?
Point them to www.godtracker.co.uk or click on http://www.godtracker.co.uk/tronline.shtml#recomend

Born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa Dudley Anderson began writing for radio in 1994. Dudley currently writes a weekly e-mail Christian motivational thought called GodTracker and has complied 2 devotional books based on GodTracker. More information at surereaity.net 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print