A Piece of Stained Glass
by Marlene Mesot

I don't mind sharing myself with others, as in my writing, because this is how God can use me as a tool for His witness. Writing is a means of self expression, but when it is shared, it becomes universal. There is no greater example of how to write than the Holy Word of God. Even to those who do not believe it's writings, the Bible is recognized as a great literary work. For Christian believers it is our window into eternity.

When we give of ourselves, we reflect Him. We do not have to worry about our own needs because He will supply them according to Philippians 4:19: "And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." (NASB). The Bible is our guide through life, our reference point, focal point and the means to a glorious union. According to 1 Corinthians 13:12: "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known." (NASB). The phrasing is similar in the traditional King James version. "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." The latter part of this verse may seem like a paradox, but it isn't. God keeps only what we do according to His will and in His Spirit and dismisses the unwanted, carnal things. If we are reflections of His glory, we are showing the unbelieving world what He is like. Our walk is fragile, like glass. It is a balancing act between the spiritual and the carnal. Our personal experiences, personalities, beliefs, etc.--our essence--makes us effective witnessing tools because we can feel empathy, give advice, say, "I have been where you are. Let me help you cope." This is why knowing and accepting Jesus must be a personal experience. It could not be effective or real otherwise.

We are all parts reflecting the whole. The body of Chrst is, figuratively, the parts, or pieces, made up by his people. According to 1 Corinthians 12:12-14: "For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many." (NASB). Each of us is but a piece of stained glass, one day to be whole. When all of the pieces fit together, the puzzle will be solved.

Christian mystery romance author, only child, legally blind & hearing aid user.
 
www.marlsmenagerie.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print