Maturity is Master's Plan
by PamFord Davis

Gardeners are like kids in a candy store, eying every jar of delectable treats and anxiously awaiting the sensation of sampling. Spring growth follows planting and green thumb gardeners take daily walks back and forth in furrowed paths inspecting plants. Oliver Douglas on "Green Acres" served as a parody with pitchfork, but those grinning from planting until harvest identify with him deep in heart. He loved the land and considered it both a privilege and joy to work it.

Gardeners plant and trust the Creator for rain. "Rain and snow fall from the sky. But they don't return without watering the earth that produces seeds to plant and grain to eat. That's how it is with my words. They don't return to me without doing everything I send them to do (Isaiah 55:10-11 CEV)." God's word will produce fruit. Does he do daily inspection in my heart, looking for maturity and instead find weeds that choke out growth? His word and Holy Spirit control makes the necessary changes. The results are nothing short of astounding. (Galatians 5:22-23a)

Am I willing to dedicate myself to the study and mediation of his holy word? It is my choice. I can be contented with mediocrity and my comfort zone or I can humbly surrender to the Father's will. His words, cover to cover contain nourishment for my mind, body, and spirit. As I feed upon verses, chapters and books of the Bible, I understand more clearly his plan and purpose for my life. "Loving Father, create in me a daily hunger and thirst for you and your word."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print