The Good News of Jesus Christ
by

"And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto the disciples, why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners" .... Matthew 9 v 11

The Pharisees are a religious sect and they followed Jesus when he walked the earth over 2000 years ago and they still exist and follow around like the plague true followers of Jesus.

In their own eyes they know everything!

It is not always obvious from the outside that this is the case but becomes apparent sometimes over a long period of time when they speak and their lives are observed. Their hypocrisy is known even to the simple!

They are not spies for spies are hidden, un-detected. No Pharisees are out in the open with their hypocrisy and self-righteous acts. Such is their arrogance. As we can see from the scripture above in Matthew they openly and in full view questioned his disciples knowing full well that Jesus was a handbreath away to hear them. No doubt it was heard amongst the publicans and sinners as they were called by them. Arrogance causing spiritual blindness.

The scriptures above speak of how the Pharisees overlook Jesus and go straight to the disciples as though these unskilled and unlearned men might pass on some wisdom as to why Jesus would indeed sit with sinner! They speak of Jesus as Master but in their hearts he really isn't it is all for show.

By this act alone they not only shame themselves but bring condemnation upon their own heads. By their actions and their words are there hearts revealed.

The Pharisees speak of others as 'publicans and sinners' and I'm sure no doubt a few other choice names to anyone who does not belong to their sect.

The Pharisees separate but not unto holiness but unto their own self-appraisals, justifying their own actions. They speak out in the open so others' will hear them. Their reward is for now the praise of men!

The disciples were close to Jesus, watching him and hanging onto every word he said in marvel, such was his teaching different from the Pharisees and with an authority where no fear was attached.

The disciples then and so it is today may not have understood all the things Jesus spoke about but they were willing to learn. The Pharisees did and do not feel the need to learn because they believe wrongly that are already standing right with God by their sacrificial lives, their duties.

The Pharisees who spoke to the disciples did not do so to learn anything, indeed they were already classed as sinners and publicans as Jesus himself was.

"But go ye and learn what that meaneth.... I will have mercy not sacrifice...." Matthew 9 v 13

Out of the LORD's mouth, the double edged sword came the words to the Pharisees that they must go and learn.

Humility is that learning is ongoing, certainly as far as having a relationship with the LORD is concerned.

Humility is a quality which the Pharisees did not have. The very act of the Pharisees speaking to people as 'publicans and sinners' was an attitude of contempt, a people not good enough.

They didn't fit. Jesus came for the people that do not fit. Jesus brought and brings the message of the Good News to those who are ill, infirmed, sinful with no one to pardon them. Their consciences seared trapped by sin. Jesus came for such as these with mercy in abundance.

Jesus says 'I will have mercy not sacrifice'.

Oh the beauty of the LORD!

The compassion and mercy abounding to all!

The Pharisees bring division for evil and condemnation but Jesus brings a holy separation unto that which is good, righteous and healing and an ultimate releasing from the bondage of sin for we are indeed all of us sinners.

Both Jew and Gentile alike! Whether circumcised or uncircumcised we are all sinners and in need of a saviour. The truth is the truth!

'For I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentence'.

Here we see a definite separation of those who call themselves righteous who use sacrifice as a means to hold power and authority over those whom Jesus calls sinners. This is a right judgement. This is the truth and not a lie. This is the Good News.

'Son be of good cheer' .... 'Daughter, be of good comfort' .... v 2 and 22

Jesus, Emanuel (God with us) includes all! He is here to bring his sons and daughters who have no hope left. The faith of these two people, the man with palsy and the woman who had bled for many years shows the magnificence of Jesus' compassion and his inclusion and acceptance into the kingdom of god through faith.

'Blessed are those who are poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven'


jacquiannjulyan aka shofargirl

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print