Proverbial Fork in the Road
by PamFord Davis

I frequently listen to music while doing house cleaning; time passes quickly and music lifts my spirits through carefully crafted words and melodies. I listened to a cassette tape of inspirational treasures this morning while doing the humbling chore of toilet cleaning.

The "gospel according to Perry Como" zeroed in on my heart as accurately as a minute man missile. The Holy Spirit spoke through a tune titled "I May Never Pass This Way Again." It is true; I do not know what the future holds and my current circumstances are temporary.

The gist of the song describes a desire to make every moment meaningful, to do what we know we should for those around us, showing kindness to those in need. The writer may have been a distant relative of the Apostle Paul. I believe he lived his life to the fullest, always with a driving desire to serve his Lord and show love to others.

The song allowed me to see Esther in a new light. "If you keep quiet at a time like this, God will deliver the Jews from some other source, but you and your relatives will die; what's more, who can say but that God has brought you into the palace for just such a time as this (Esther 4:14 Living Bible)?"

Esther mulled his words over in her mind. She prayed. She fasted. "I may never pass this way again." It could be her only chance to help not only herself and family but her kindred as well. She could not brush it off and wait until a more convenient time. She came to the proverbial fork in the road knowing she may never pass that way again.

The Book of Esther has the romance, adventure and mystery of a great novel. Esther risked her life to prevent destruction of the Jews. She was a true role model. "Heavenly Father, I miss many opportunities to serve you and touch the lives of hurting people in my path. Forgive me for taking detours and give me wisdom to see your will in daily routines or unexpected times of crisis."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print