Are you letting go?
by Marie Grossett

At times we can cling on to the past. We can bring the past into the future and it can affect our relationships and social life.

Yes we can reflect on the past especially when we testify where God has brought us from but we shouldn't live there, as the Bible says we are a new creation in Christ Jesus.

So are you letting go of the past? If not what aren't you letting go of? Can you accept Change? I had a situation that happened in my life recently where I had to let go and experience change, which I will share with you.

Before my step children came it was just me and my husband we only saw them at the weekends. I was so enjoying the times we spent alone. But recently a massive changed took place, an unfortunate incident happened and my step children had to stay with us full time. No longer could we have our alone times together, no longer could I dominate the front room, no longer was there much peace.

Now I had to get into the mother role full time, now the house was full of rules more noise and shouting, man it was tough at first. But in order for me to handle it better I had to change my mind set and accept the fact that they are now living with us. Yes I missed my alone times with my spouse but I had to let that go, and recognise that there are four of us now and not just two I had to move on to the future. It took a lot of adjusting but through God's help we are coming to understand each other better, it's now like there were always here living with us full time.

When we let go of the past it is for our own good as it can help us emotionally and spirituality especially if it's in God's plan for us to let go of a certain thing and accept change for the Bible states 'For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

What are you still holding onto? What aren't you accepting? If you can't let go of the past then you can never move on. The key to letting go is learning to accept change don't see change as a negative see it as a positive because if you don't you will always be behind and not moving forwards.

I shall leave with this scripture 'Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,' Philippians 3:1 (NIV).

Thank you for reading this article may God bless you.


Marie Grossett aka Vanessa Grossett is a published Author, and has interviewed best selling and award winning Christian Authors.

She is a Literary Agent at The Authors Care Services ltd. www.theauthorscare.co.uk [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print