Not to Worry
by Bob Valleau

Anna, a single mother, awakens in the middle of the night. Like an alarm clock sounding on cue, she panics. Soon, insomnia sets in as the floodgates of worry unleash their fury: What about the bills that need to be paid, or the unfinished list of things to do? Anna is familiar with this nightly routine. However, she knows that all of this will pass because she clings to God's promise that He will provide for her every need. The dawning of another day brings with it God's mercies for they are new every morning.

Like Anna, how many times, in the middle of the night, have you been awakened by the cares of this life? Do your sleepless hours add up to more than you wish to think about? How do you overcome anxiety no matter when it strikes?

Lamentations 3:22-24 (NIV) says, "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him'."

First, realize that your worries are real and serious. Surrender them to God. Through prayer, petition God for guidance, protection and for His will to be done in each situation.

Second, trust God to comfort you. Release your problems to Him. He will deal with each one in His own time and in His own way. You don't need to worry about them at anytime during the day or night.

Third, accept God's mercy, or compassion, because He gives this divine kindness to those who are distressed. God will lovingly relieve your worried mind and bring you peace as you place your faith in Him.

Finally, remember: Although every moment may seem like an endless night, and your worries may grow so grave that the hope of a new day is far away -- do not despair. Instead, "Cast all your anxiety upon Him, for He cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7, NIV)

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print