Don't Dry Hair While Sleeping
by annie keys

Have you ever read the safety labels on ordinary household items?Seriously, these are actual labels off of real products:

Toilet Plunger: Caution: Do not use near power lines

Dremel Electric Rotary Tool: This product not intended for use as a dental drill

Hair Coloring: Do not use as an ice cream topping

RCA Television Remote Control: Not Dishwasher Safe

Hair Dryer: Don't dry hair while sleeping.

As I read those, I laughed. On a more serious note, how often do I "use" the Word of God as I should?Studying God's Word is always important. But, as with any other useful household item; it must be used wisely and for the use intended.

The Bible has wise counsel for every situation, every circumstance and every relationship. However, I can't read just a line here, a chapter from this book, a sentence from that chapter and know God's will. To do so can be dangerous to my spiritual, emotional and financial well being.

There is no problem that I will face in this life that isn't addressed in God's Word. But, in order for the Word to work in me and through me, I have to read it daily and read it all, not just choice parts.

I Corinthians 2:8-11 says the Holy Spirit searches the mind of God and knows His will. James 1:5 says if we seek wisdom, ask and we will receive it. Prayer and Bible study go hand in hand when seeking God's direction.

When I read my Bible, seek the direction of the Holy Spiritand talkwith God inprayer;God reveals His will for my life. The Bible is for every day use, a handbook for successful living; when used properly. .

II Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be equipped for every good work.

I'm a wife, mother, a grandmother and I love to write! I'm a retired Pastor's Secretary and a former Assistant Kid's church Pastor. 

I write Children's material and devotions. I love to use 'real life', especially the exploits of children, to illustrate scriptural truth.
www.rubberontheroad.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print