Way of the Saved
by PamFord Davis

My zeal often webs low; diligence is more than a discipline needing improvement. It is a consuming drive under the Master's control. Ministry, in the name of Jesus, motivates us to reach a lost and perishing world; He seeks, He saves, He sends. God has gifted every believer; He fills, He equips, He enables, He empowers.

Ministers are not only leaders of the flock; they are lambs and sheep of all ages. Where do we find a foundation of ministry? It's in the Book. "Whatever your hands find to do, do with [all] your strength, because there is no work, planning, knowledge, or wisdom in Sheol where you are going (Ecclesiastes 9:10 HCS)." Solomon, the writer of Ecclesiastes had great wisdom but frequently wrote words of cynicism. His live for today philosophy does ring true in our ministry role. Time is short. We will work in heaven, but not in efforts of evangelism or ministering to the hurting.

Jesus spoke of His followers as the light of the world. We are to share what He has given. "He also said to them,' Is a lamp brought in to be put under a basket or under a bed? Isn't it to be put on a lampstand? For nothing is concealed except to be revealed, and nothing hidden except to come to the light (Mark 4:21-22 HCS)." Jesus did not save us to sit and wait for escape to our heavenly home. He brings us out of darkness; He sheds His light within or hearts; He places us as light in darkness.

The Apostle Paul's message motivates me to remain faithful to minister in God's grace. "So we must not get tired of doing good, for we will reap at the proper time if we don't give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, we must work for the good of all, especially for those who belong to the household of faith (Galatians 6:9-10 HCS)." Paul did not see works as the way to salvation, but the way of the saved. He saw the urgency of the call; we must work.

"Lord, forgive me for my selfish ways, my neglect and empty excuses. Give me Your strength and grace to minister until You call me home. In Jesus name. Amen."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print