Full House
by PamFord Davis

Families come in many sizes; there may be an only child or enough for a baseball team. Today there is an increase in blended families: mine, yours and ours. The Brady Bunch focused on the antics of an even match of boys and girls, but also opened America's eyes to some of the issues that surface following remarriage.

The Walton's, Eight is Enough, Full House and Seventh Heaven all shared similar plots; large families share happiness and heartache. The Ryder's called our small neighborhood home in the 1960's. Six boys plus six girls=an even dozen. Mom and Dad worked hard in their dry-cleaning business to provide for their clan and the older children bore much of the burden of care for younger siblings.

As Christians, we are all members of a large family and God is eager to add more. "We know that in everything God works for the good of those who love him. They are the people God called because that was his plan. God knew them before he made the world. And God decided that they would be like his Son. Then Jesus would be the firstborn of many brothers (Romans 8:28-29 NCV)." The Father delights in a full house!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print