Wrong Way, Do Not Enter!
by PamFord Davis

They roll on the floor, they kick and scream and refuse to behave. Toddlers want their own way and throw temper tantrums demanding to get it. We ignore the facts and good advice; we know what we want and hold our ground until we find it. There is little difference in cause or effect in the growing child or fully-grown adults. Both young and old go their own way.

"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all (Isaiah 53:6 KJV)." I traveled to England on two separate occasions and saw beautiful flocks of grazing sheep in lush green pastures. Their owners cared for them well, yet likely, they often wandered wanting more.

Why do I foolishly, trust in my own sense of what is best for me? Why must I wander through life like a frantic shopper in search of my misplaced car in the Wal Mart Supercenter parking lot? My heavenly Father always knows what I need and provides, waiting for me to submit. I go my way, the wrong way and Jesus paid the price for my sinful straying.

"Lord, I need to be reigned in and kept from the dangers of my way down the wrong road. I submit to your leash of love."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print