Finding Life
by Gary J. Borgstede

Scripture

Matthew 10:39 "He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses His life for My sake will find it."

Observation

In this passage, Jesus is teaching His disciples that the only way to find real life is to lose it for Him. Fully knowing the persecutions that would come by following Him, Jesus encourages His disciples to pick up their cross and follow His example or they would not be worthy of real life found in Him. According to Jesus, real life is only found through life completely surrendered to Him. He is the way, the truth, and the life in which no man can come to the Father except through Him.

Application

Jesus came to give us life and life more abundantly; however, this kind of life is only found through the Cross. At the Cross, we lose our old life of sin and death and gain a new life of grace and mercy in Jesus Christ. As we surrender our heart, mind, and will to the Lord on a daily basis and invite Him to walk and supp with us through His Holy Spirit, we can walk in the fullness of life that Jesus died to give us regardless of our circumstances.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for the fullness of life that You died to give me. Help me to follow your example on a daily basis by dying to myself and living in You. I love You Jesus! Amen!

Finding Life Copyright 2010, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the personal devotion, Finding Life, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print