Been There, Done That
by PamFord Davis

"Surely we have gone too far...We must have missed it... Guess it is time to turn around; the directions must be wrong." Been there, done that. My husband and I have carried on similar conversations in many stressful trips while traveling together. Trucking companies gave directions to pick-up and delivery sites via our Qualcomm's computer systems. Sometimes they led us directly to our destination, but in countless situations, dispatchers gave terrible directions. We could not trust them after they led us astray.

We not only found it difficult to have faith in their directions but also in our instincts. We were on a tight schedule and with no time to waste, we felt pressured to find shipping & delivery. The interesting aspect is that repeatedly we found the location just as we were about to turn around and go back in the direction we came from. The directions were correct; it just took longer to get there than we anticipated.

God gives us daily directions through His Holy Spirit, written word and prayer. His guidance is always trustworthy; my feelings are not. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV)." Do I have the patience to wait? Maybe I missed something along the way or the directions are wrong... He not only knows the way, he is the way!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print